Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The initial diagnosis was definitely hard to hear, but I never had any doubts about the diagnosis. We have cried and felt fortunate and happy and everything in between. It really could be so much worse and we can handle this. This is what Cecilia has to deal with, and our role is to make sure she has all the right people to help her.
The MRI will most likely confirm the cerebral palsy. There is a 20% chance that we won't be able to see the damage, but it won't mean that this isn't Cecilia's diagnosis.
I think right now I am more worried about the general anesthetic that she has to have in order to be still for MRI. Maybe that is just somewhere to put my worry for now.

MRI
The MRI went very smoothly. The nurse and anesthesiologist took Cecilia back. We weren't part of any of the gas or IV. When we were able to go back, she was just waking up. Her little face was all red from the tape that had been on her face. She was a little groggy at first, but as soon as they gave her a juice box she was back to herself. Within about 15 minutes she was cleared to be discharged. No vomiting or nausea the rest of the day.

Results
Dr. Steve called the next day. I wasn't expecting to hear from him so soon. I don't feel like I was prepared. I wanted to have some questions to ask him. He said that you could see the damage and it was what he was expecting. Simple and to the point. I definitely have more questions, but we will see him again in a few months. I will have a better understanding of Cecilia's symptoms through the physical therapy and occupational therapy. Watch out Dr. Steve. I am going to have a million questions for you by then.

3 comments:

  1. can they do compression with oxygen? is she too little? keeping you guys in my prayers, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all in my prayers. Hang in there, Mariah. Sounds like you have a good handle on it. Love to all. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Kitten! She is a trooper! I can totally picture her face from your description post-op. Like I said on the phone earlier, she will rock this even if it means a cute pink leg brace! I can already picture THAT photoshoot. You and B are amazing parents and Cece is lucky to have ya! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete